Thomas Garvin Video Breakdown
- Jeff Bumiller – Mason HS Head Coach Thomas is a hard-nosed, gritty face-off man who has the quickness to win the clamp and the power to prevail in an extended scrum. A tireless worker on and off the field, with the offensive skills to run the fast break and put the ball in the back of the net, Thomas is a going to be a big key to our success during his senior season.
- Kerry Snyder – Mason HS Assistant Coach Had the pleasure of coaching Thomas for two years at Mason High School. He is a person of great character and an unselfish teammate, excellent student and very coachable. Fantastic face off skills and excellent two-way midfielder. Technically sound fundamentals with impressive offhand abilities as well. Thomas has an inner drive that shows up in his competitiveness that is rarely seen. He is driven to always improve his game and plays with a grit and hustle that is the same in practice as it is in games...He is a natural leader on his teams through his actions.
- Scott Peeler – Previous Summer Coach Thomas Garvin is one of the best FOGO's around but is much more than that. He's a fantastic offensive threat and a natural leader. Thomas has always been driven to give his best for his team, grinds as hard as any player on the field, and loves the game. Another great quality is his willingness to grow the game by sharing his knowledge with the youth players in the area. Thomas Garvin is a great player and an even better person who will do great things in life and lacrosse.
- Jamey Foley Headlines Lacrosse Thomas work at his craft harder and more than any faceoff player I have seen. He's the type of leader you look for that leads by hard work and example. His mix of incredibly fast hands and great strength to win those 50/50's or push a player off the clamp makes him one of the top Faceoff players in the 2021 class in the country, His 5th place finish at the FOA academy showcase showed just that. Thomas also has excellent stick skills with a very good shot which makes him dangerous at all times. He is a great decision maker in all parts of the game, weather it be leading a face break or choosing where to exit on a faceoff. He is above all a excellent young man who also has become a great coach training many youth players in his community.
- Brett Wexelblatt – Mason Teammate 2021 Thomas is a work horse and a great teammate. He is a leader in the locker room, and a great mentor to the younger players on the team. His lacrosse IQ is second to none and he’s an ultimate student of the game.
- Mikey Collins – Face-Off Freshman at Capital University I’ve played and trained with Thomas for some time now and he is one of the more driven and motivated people I know. He adapts very well by learning and observing his opponents very well during the course of a game or a faceoff.
- Brady Smith – Face-Off Senior at Belmont Abbey College I have played with Thomas in High School and continued to train with him since I graduated. In my opinion, Thomas’s best traits are his work ethic and how coachable he is. Thomas has a considerable presence at the Faceoff X while also possessing impressive stick skills. His high lacrosse IQ gives him great potential. I’m excited to watch his progression to the next level.
- Brendan Garry – Summer Teammate Headlines 2021 Thomas is a great tough face-off middie who can play both offense and defense. He has great field vision and is always doing everything he can for his team to win.
- 3.9 GPA
- 26 ACT
- 5th Place 2021– National Face-Off Academy Showcase (2019)
- 2019 Baltimore Summer Kick-Off All-Star Selection
- 2020 Baltimore Summer Kick-Off All-Star Selection
- LaxRecords 2021 Ohio Players to Watch
- Playing Varsity since Freshman Year
Colleges with Interest: