Thomas Macdonald Video Breakdown
Thomas has always played against competition older than himself, which might be hardest to do as a goalie. He has never once backed down from challenging himself and his teammates to get better, and is an absolute student of the game. Thomas digs deep into the details of defence from a positional standpoint, but he is also an extremely vocal leader - which is essential to the success we see on that side of the ball. As many lacrosse players know, having a great goalie allows the team to play loosely, which creates the confidence to play because their last line of defence is that good. Thomas backs this up, and he has been a pivotal reason on why we have been able to play a fast paced style of lacrosse. He transitions faster than most people on the field, and when he makes a save, he is immediately looking up field to make an outlet pass, but with calculated risk. He is exactly that - a calculated player.
- Thomas is a versatile goalie. He is able to push in transition, has great field vision and let’s his presence be heard through his voice on the field. He is not only an amazing goalie, but a great teammate as well.
- 2018 Upper Canada College lacrosse rookie of the year
- Academic Aces All star
- All Canada games All star
- Selected for Team Ontario U18 • Mountaineer award (Awarded to player who embodies team play and leadership qualities)
- Rick “Tuggy” Passfield Award (Awarded to the goalie that shows the most potential in the game of field lacrosse)
- GPA: • 4.0 Academic Awards:
- Certificate of distinction (Pascal Waterloo math competition) •
- Selected as Prefect for my senior year at Upper Canada college Goalie on U18 Team Ontario. U18 is composed of athletes born in 2001, 2002, & 2003. As a 2003, Thomas would be one of the youngest players on the team.
Colleges with Interest: